Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Congeniality almost came back

 


Today's Tids Issue 4/752

I like Mike:

 

Pork Chop: A pig that does karate.

 

And you thought I was going to start off with something intellectual, like a political debate analysis. I find debates tedious. They’re basically rehashes of the last three months of news headlines, with each candidate deleting anything that may have been reported negatively against them. I personally thought the man always in the background showed that he can stand up front. So, if you measure his efforts against expectations as the media measured Joe, then Pence is the out and out winner. The more gregarious of the two, Kamala, petty much looked like she always did. Of course, I watched her as the acknowledged most liberal of our senators, The AOC of the upper chamber, Joe’s homage to Bernie. So, the media will pronounce her the winner for sure, and I and my fellow staunch Repubs will say, Great Job, Mike! You were great tonight. There must be something better to talk about than debates.

 

I like this time of year when there is nobody on the beaches. Crashing waves are much more pleasant than most bodies in bathing suits. For sure.

 

The Headlines:

Who are considered the five healthiest US Presidents in history?

 

The Headlines:

--Next Week’s Presidential Debate To Be Virtual As Safety Measure After President’s Coronavirus Infection; Prez Says He won’t Participate.

--New Jobless Benefit Claims Jump to 840K; Markets Open Higher; IBM Spinoff Adds Fuel To Strong Market Opening

--Pelosi Indicates She Would Join With Trump In Move To Pass Airline Salvation Bill.

--Delta Could Be Cat 3 When It Plows Into Texas/Louisiana.

--Ruby Tuesday Is Latest Company To Cease Majority Of Operations.

--Ghistain Maxwell Hires Former Osama Bin Laden Lawyer.

 

Commentator: A regular, everyday potato.

 

I’m going to enjoy this new Fox network program, “Next.”

 

Pence’s efforts last night probably convinced a lot of concerned Conservatives that they still have a strong voice in the highest office. And not to give up the fight. Not to let hope be drowned out by tweets.

 

It appears to me that we are not that far from a possible agreement on stimulus, that is if either side would give-in 3 weeks before the election. 

 

A reader reminds me that despite all of his success, Van Halen was never a lead singer.

 

President Trump’s term is for four years, So, the Harris/Biden claim that people are already voting for the new prez doesn’t hold water. Win or lose, DT will still be the president after the elections. So, let’s keep Amy’s nomination moving forward. She will be great for America.

 

Apparently, NBA TV Ratings were miserable at best. Reading between the lines of statements emanating from NBA President Adam Silver and his office say that they will tell players they will support BLM, but not on uniforms or on the court.  

 

It’s Pickin’ Time! Our mighty pickers are still working hard in the moldy basement but the picks are looking brighter. They are now at 43-18-1 or 70.7%. Tonight’s game shapes up as a pretty good one. TB with TB12 leading the way will go against a pretty good and improving Bears team at home. This is a tough pick.  Can Chicago “D” pressure Brady. Or will the old Goat pick them apart. I’m thinking. The injury situation tells me to go with Chicago. There are three other pretty important games. The big one is between two undefeated’s, Buffalo and Tennessee. I think Buffalo is healthier and really playing well now. Have to pick them. KC and LV promise to be another good match. While I have a small inkling about Vegas, I have to stick with the Champ’s, KC. The Vikes at the Seahawks promises more than it appears to on paper. Seattle is clicking and I will go there. Another really good match is between the Browns and the Colts. Colts have been surprising to me, and the Browns to everybody. I’ll go with my favorite Cleveland team.

 

Of the rest I like the Ravens over the Bengals (Who are better this year), The Cards over the Jets, Steelers over the Iggles, Texans over Jags, Rams over Skins, Panthers over Falcons (I have picked Atlanta 3 times already! Now they will win!). I think the Dolphins are better but I have to stay with San Fran. I like the 1-3 Cowboys over the hapless and injured Giants, the Saints over the Chargers and then there is my beloved Patriots. Who will play QB, and now replace ace D-Guy Gilmoren who is out? But, the team is actually playing quite well. I go Pats.

 

The latest optimism philosophy driving the stock analysts is to look past the election for that much needed stimulus package. That’s the new hope for pushing along the markets.

 

Do you know that if the NY Jints and Jets both lose this week as predicted, the two NYC teams will have a combined record of 0-10. It’s time for Big Apple fans to look North at the only true New York State team, the Buffalo Bills who are 4-0, and just seem to be getting better.

 

Lawmakers in DC are saying the word “Trillion” much too much  these days for this small government conservative.

 

BTW, after almost four years as President, Spell-Check still doesn’t offer the option of a capital “T” for the word trump. Talk about Systemic bias against  US citizen.

 

The Answer:

Well, number one Healthiest ever President was Rutherford B. Hayes. Next in order were Barak Obama, Harry Truman, Jimmy Carter and John Quincy Adams.

 

I thought Pence did a fine job during his closing only focusing on on how people even of distant ideologies can be good friends when the battles are over. It was the kind of heartfelt sensitivity, I believe, America wants to hear; wants to see return. Harris gave a canned campaign speech. Thanks, Mike, for a little human understanding.

I’m only friends with 25 letters of the alphabet. I don’t know Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment