Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Election Anxiety Index.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,765

Covid was easier:

 

It’s hard to feel anxious when you are laughing.

 

Vaccines always take time to reach perfection. Just because we want it doesn’t make it so. But I’d like to see more emphasis on therapeutics. You know, a drug regimen that would keep infectees from dying. All we ever hear about is the Vaccines, but finding a cure is high on my list.

 

A lot of People don’t feel from their heart any more. They weigh their feelings against potential criticism from Social Media. This is a sad situation. When you can’t feel, what do you have/\?

 

All I ask as I sit humbly at is keyboard, is get the stocks through the historic horror show that is often October. Many a tough survival battle has been fought during this time over the past century. Though I think we will back get there to positive weekly performances again this time.

 

The Question:

Name Richard Dreyfuss’ greatest movies.

 

The Headlines:

--New Jobless Claims Come In Better than Expected; Europe Markets Up; Investors See Surge In Q3 GDP; Nasdaq and S&P Up, Dow Opens 220 Down Now Turns Corner Up.

--France And Germany Institute New Lockdown For A Month; Protests Rise In Germany; Fauci Says Don’t Expect FDA Approval For Vaccine Until At Least January.

--Two Million In Southern Louisiana Without Power As Zeta a Reaps Havoc.

--Stabbing In Nice France Church That Killed 3 Called Terrorism Attack By Mayor.

--Record hospitalizations Occurring In Midwest.

--Nancy Says She And Mnuchin Never Close.

--Supreme Court Sides With Dems In Recent Voter Issues.

b

Global warming and cooling has been part of the earth’s life cycle for eons. But, perhaps we now have more tools to stabilize rabid changes in the earth’s environment. A new fast becoming popular strategy is called “Solar Climate Intervention”, or “Solar Geoengineering” The gist of this new engineering concept. is refection of the suns energy back into space, i.e. like the effects of ash clouds from volcanic eruption. In addition to mandates from Biden for mask wearing, some insiders are saying he will also mandate all US Citizens wear reflecting shields as head ware. It is expected to be a major topic at the UN in February.

 

In the “Nobody is ever happy department”, the left is grossly opposed to Solar Geoengineering seeing it as a “Dangerous and Illusionary fix, one that would encourage people to keep burning fossil fuels while exposing the planet to unexpected and potentially menacing side effects.’ Baseball cap manufacturers find the the idea intriguing for new product line development.

 

Nancy said that she and Steve Mnuchin were never close on stimulus. Nancy will never be close with anything that would give Repubs an edge even it helped all Americans equally. This is the problem with modern day me first, me only politics.

 

Pickin’ Time! Last week, we were 11-3 bringing our record to 74-29-1 (72%). Tonight’s game between the Falcons and Panthers was never on my anticipation list. I have grown to like Carolina and tonight McCaffery is expected back. I go Carolina. Some of the more intriguing games for me are Titans-Bengals, Browns-Raiders, Rams-Dolphins, Pats-Bills, Niners-Seahawks and Saint-Bears. The game of the week should be Steelers and Ravens. Ok, who wins? I put Tenn/Cinn in this category not just because I like the sound of Tenn/Cinn, but because with new QB Cinn is looking competitive and Tenn is coming off a tough loss. But I go Tenn. I like them. I think the Browns will beat the Raiders in a very good ball game. Dolphins have shown something but they are starting their new young QB Tua, so that Makes LAR look better to me. If the Niners are as fast as they looked against the Pats (Or are the Pats just that slow) they should take the Seahawks. But, I still like Seattle. I’m looking for the Bears to come back and win against the Saints who make me nervous these days. Can my beloved Pats lose 4  in a row? How good is Buffalo? Lots of questions here. I’m picking the Bills. Ouch. I guess I like Pittsburgh a lot this year. But I think Baltimore will surprise. Wait a minute, I just changed my mind. The Pats will not lose four in a row, Go Pats.

 

Of the rest, the Bucs should have a snoozer against the Giants. A normally great rivalry game between the Eagles and the defenseless Cowboys looks like another win for Philly. I’m picking the Broncos over the Chargers. The Pack and Vikings would normally be a glamor game but the Vikes lost something over the summer. Gotta go Pack. Maybe I should have put the Lions and Colts in the “Intriguing” section. Surprisingly Detorit is 3-3 and they face an Indy team that is 4-2 and looking competitive But, I’m going Lions.

 

 

The Dems like to blast Trump for caring more about the stock market than people with Covid. But workers with pensions need the stock market, investing in businesses that create jobs need a healthy economic climate, and Foundations that create billions for charity need a solid stock market. I just plain hate the BS of politics.

 

The Answer:

 I always liked Richard Dreyfuss. He sat next to me n a restaurant in Boston once and I awkwardly said, My kids would never believe I was sitting with you. Hew wrote and signed a note and handed it to me. “Dear Kids, Believe your father”. He was eating spaghetti with white clam sauce. His best moves are #1 Close Encounters Of the Third Kind. is Jaws, The Goodbye Girl , American Graffiti, Mr. Holland’s Opus, Dawn and Out in Beverly Hills, The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kavitz, What About Bob, Tin Men, Nuts, Dillinger and Always.

 

I believe there is more anxiety over this election than any other in history. Maybe it’s the rampant communications opportunities. But more likely it’s because of the massive amount of Trump derangement syndrome that has been festering for 4 years. Anxiety just has to be off the charts. Personally, I just want it over. So, we can get back to simple normal days with Covid.

No comments:

Post a Comment