Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Holiday Addendum:

 

Today's Tids the Season Extra:

Football picks and slightly more:

 

Hi everybody. I suspect you all a had great day yesterday, and are now resting up from commotion, the scurrying and the pure delightful emotions from Christmas. And maybe about 1% of you realized that the NFL predictions for the weekend were missing. But we strive to support every minority including people who actually enjoy the hard work of the Tids-Pickers.

 

Before we get there, I can’t go on without pointing out that the Trumpster may have messed up Georgia for the Repubs. Georgia is the only thing that really counts now. But suggesting the Repub senate was so cheap, and free money should be $2000 per person, the Dems have jumped on that telling Georgians, elect a Dem controlled Senate and money will flow your way; we’ll get you $2K instead of the paltry $600. Of course most people don’t get the fact that money doesn’t grow on trees, even for governments. So, that’s what’s annoying me today.

 

I love the clogging in the Geico “Noise up above” commercial. I like clogging in general, not that I could ever do it.

 

Btw, the onetime Covid stimulus payment is not anywhere nearly as important as opening the country for business again, and keeping the safety net going for the millions who have lost jobs, or have seen their small business’s revenue shrink while expenses keep going. One-time payments, mean -- one time.

 

And one of my favorite Athletes died Yesterday. Oddly, the announcement came as I was watching a film about the 1986 Boston Celtics, coached by KC Jones. In it among many interesting highlights about the great players, KC was extolled as great coach, and a very good man by some of his prodigious Hall of fame players. He as you may know came to the Celts from the U of San Francisco along with another pretty good player of the times, Bill Russell. KC was the steadying influence point guard on that team that won 8 NBA titles. KC Jones was gentleman and a rock, one of my favorites.

 

Last week the Tids-Pickers went 11-5 to bring us to 156-66-1 (70.2%). I actually made my Picks on Wednesday night, but got caught up with the spirit of the Eve and the Day. I picked NO to win yesterday and they whupped Minn handily (You have to trust me on that one!! Would I fib to you with The Babe laying in a manger!). There are a lot of interesting posers, meaningful games this week because here are spots left for the playoffs: San Fran vs Ariz (Cards have chance), Indy and Pitt, NY Giants versus the Ravens, Philly and Big D, and two potentially great games, Tennessee at Green Bay and The LA Rams at the Seattle Seahawks.

 

For the posers with something on the line, I pick the SF Niners to dash the Cards hopes (Kyler Murray Injured) and the Ravens to stay alive against the pesky, improving NFC East contender Giants. In another key NFC East game, it is two more with losing records, Dallas and Philly, vying for that division title. The Iggles have improved under Hurts, but Dallas looks better overall. Should be a good game. Indy needs a win over Pitt, but Pitt just needs a win, period, to stop the bleeding. I’m picking Pitt. Also needing a win to stay even with Indy (If they beat Pitt) is are the Titans playing against the team now ranked Number One NFC seed for the playoffs –the Pack. Derick Henry is the difference on the frozen tundra in the north Wisconsin. I pick Tennessee. Seattle and the Rams are tied for the NFC West. Home field means little in Covid days. The Rams flopped badly last week. I like the Seahawks.

 

Of the rest, I have my beloved’s falling to Buffalo, TB over Detroit, Miami Over Las Vegas in a potentially meaningful game for both teams, Cinncy to take an apparently demoralized Houston. Cleveland needs it and they’ll be all over the Jets who still a want Trevor. Denver over the Chargers in a truly meaningless game that could go either way. I have KC over Atlanta. So, there we have it for the weekend and Monday night. Three games today. It’s tough making picks when my Mighty Pats are already out of the Playoffs.

 

 

The answer to the question is George Washington. Oh, you didn’t see the question? I didn’t give you the Question because like to save ink on Saturdays. Oh, Ok, here is the Q: When Col. Henry Lee said the words, “First in war, First in peace, first in the hearts of his countrymen”, of whom was he eulogizing?

 

Thanks for letting me barge into your peaceful Saturday morning. I feel like a Robo-Call. Hope the rest of the weekend is restful.

No comments:

Post a Comment