Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Just the facts Mam.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,794

Seeing:

 

We got to get back to reporting potentially paradigm changing information that is empirical rather than anecdotal and often hysterical.

 

Most of the funny stuff you’ll see today comes from a reader who never stops giving: “The Spanish King has been quarantined on his private jet. So, the reign in Spain stays mainly in the plane.” Should I ask him back?

 

We don’t know what we are missing unless we venture out beyond our steadfast routines. That doesn’t mean I’m going to go Democratic just experience the other side. It just means I’m opening my eyes wider, and yet shutting them entirely to politicians and politics lest it interferes with dreams; of little things I may have passed on by; of what I might find by truly seeing, possibilities. Especially impossibilities.

 

The Question:

Name the Top Ten all-time winningest jockeys.

 

The Headlines:

--Markets Open Lower; Turn Mixed After New Jobless Claims Rise To 853K Versus 716K In Previous Week; Way Over Anticipated 725K.

--McConnell Blasts Dems For Failing To Compromise On CV Stimulus Relief Bill.

--Minneapolis Cuts $8 Million From Police Budget; Transfers To Mental Health Response And “Violence Prevention Program”.

--Pete B Wants China Ambassador Spot.

 

The spread of Covid-19 depends on two factors: (1) How dense the population is. (2) How dense the population is.

 

The new Jobless number is a big miss. It doesn’t surprise me. How soft is this economy?

 

“Here’s he deal,” as Joe B might say. Joe Calls Trump and says, “Donald, I won’t seek to have the DoJ investigate you post presidency if you lay off Hunter now. Sounds like a feasible scenario to me.

 

These stimulus Bill stand-offs pretty much tell us that politicians really don’t care that much for the people who allow them to continue returning to their lofty power. The resident high priestess of the House is has just become a bag full of contradictions.

 

It wasn’t a terribly big miss last week for the pickers considering the Giants beat Seattle and Washington beat mighty Pittsburgh. The Pickers went 10-5 bringing the year to 133-57-1 (70.07%). There’s a pretty good game tonight, and a tough one to pick for a homer like me. They say the LA Rams are out for revenge for their SB defeat and NE has little or no passing game. But… the Pats are playing intelligently and their “O” and “D” lines are shaping up nicely. I think the Pats are going to sneak out a win. The big games for Sunday and Monday (If no Covid cancellations) are NYG-Ariz, KC-Miami, Washington-San Fran, Balt-Cleve and Pitt against Buffalo. I expect all of these games, most quite meaningful, will be close, Ariz has appeared vulnerable and the Giants are improving. I’m picking Cardinals. I like the way Miami is playing and them beating KC is my upset of the week. SF has become a mystery and Washington is on a mission. They win this. There are tow super games are for playoff berths. Pitt is in, and Buff is close, so this will be a war for pride, I. go with the Bills. (But, I need them to lose if I expect the Pats to make it anywhere.) Baltimore woke up last week but Cleveland really surprised everybody and seems to be improving. I like Cleveland.

 

Of the rest, I’m picking Dallas over Cinncy (Even at 3-9, Dallas is not out of the NFC East title race!), Denver over Carolina, Houston over Chicago, Tampa Bay over Minnesota (This could go to Minn), Tennessee over Jacksonville, Seattle to take the Jets, Arlanda over the Chargers, Green Bay muzzling the lions roar and New Orleans over Philly, team that has gone from contender to hapless. I think Indy/Las Vegas will be a war. This has payoff ramifications. Maybe I should have moved up to the beginning. I’m picking Indy, a team that just seems solid.

 

So, some day in the future when we covered a “First” for every gender, race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic category sector, can we back to picking people solely on merit.

 

A famous film director is making a documentary about the stay-at-home lockdown in New Jersey. His name is Trenton Quarantino.

 

Spell Check hates puns.

 

There a were few awful typos yesterday, Sorry, folks.

 

Yay! I’m putting up my Christmas tree this weekend. Charlie Brown would like it.

 

It seems that now-a-days many people’s biggest problem is avoiding coming under the spell of a Social Media “Influencer”. Is that like the internet Rasputin effect. It gets scarier and scarier out there. Is the world passing me by? Chard Hun – Influencer Yikes.

 

The Answer:

 

I guess I haven’t looked this up in a while. My era guys like Eddie Arcaro and Johnny Longden are 42nd and 19th. The Top Ten are Russell Baze, Willie Shoemaker, Pat Day, Perry Wayne Ouzts, Chris McCarron, Edgar Prado, Angel Cordero Jr and Mario Pino. number 11 is the great Jorge Valasquez.

 

Seeing beyond the bonds of complacency often reveals that dreams can really do come true.

 

Optimism is a wonderful thing to have

 

No comments:

Post a Comment