Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

I should be shopping.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,797

Play me a simple Carol:

 

The countdown begins, 10 days to make up for serious gift buying procrastination. Last minute internet purchases may not make up for it now as shipping promises can’t hold up for delivery on time. Does this begin a mad rush downtown to shops with product on their shelves? Let’s hope so. Let’s hope these small Covid struggling businesses get overwhelmed with purchases these last ten days. So they and their families can have a Merry Christmas too.

 

A perfectionist walked into a bar. Apparently, it wasn’t set high enough.

 

I always liked Bill Barr, and still do.

 

The Question:

In 1944, 4 USA generals were elevated to “Five Star Status” Who were they?

 

The Headlines:

--Stocks Rising To Recover Yesterday’s Losses; Three Big Indexes Remain Strong Through Noontime.

--Moderna Vaccine Found To Be Highly Effective; Endorsed For Emergency Use By FDA.

--Barr Stepping Down; Jeffery Rosen Named As Interim MAG.

--New YahooFinance/Harris Poll On Stimulus: 67% Of Americans Say As Most Important Checks They Want Similar To Last Go Around; Only 23% Support Liability Protection For Business; Only 20% Back Student Loan Payment Deferrals.

--Northeast Preparing For large Winter Storm; Foot Projected For East Coast Towns.

--In Post Electoral College Vote Unity Speech, Biden Slams Trump Republicans; Senate’s McConnell Congratulates Biden.

--Somalia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Kenya,

 

The Voice had their big finals singing show and all five performers each sang two songs, and each very well. Yet, I didn’t hear one that sent me through the roof. So tonight, the winner for this 19th season is picked. After the last two semis and finals shows, I feel that Jim Ranger has really put himself in contentions. But alas for Ranger fans it looks like 15-year-old Carter Rubin will weather any last-minute efforts of all the other excellent singers. Ian is really good, and people wo know music seem to respect him, but he doesn’t have the boffo knockout punch fans seem to love. I expected more from John Holiday last night, and while he proved he was still the most creative singer, I don’t think he was as good as he was in previous shows. Cezs sang wonderfully too, I mean she a has a big voice and great personality, but I don’t think she has the big enough following. I’ll be rooting for Ranger, but Carter will win. Ian will probably be fifth, and Holiday and Cezs will be fighting out for third.

 

With the advances in the digital devices, witches have become enamored with spell-checker.

 

One of the real advantages of cold winter days is being able to walk more easily on beaches with hardened sand.

 

“Police car loses wheels to thief. Police are working tirelessly to nab suspect.”

 

I guess when you get older and really don’t need a thing, the best Christmas present is probably love.

 

I know Covid is a serious disease, and I know that adhering to safe living guidelines that will keep it from spreading is paramount, but I have to be honest with you – I’m more worried about the long-term effects of potentially 100’s of thousands of small businesses being forced to close their doors. I feel sorry of the men and women who have sacrificed and worked their tails off to build something good and now must stand helpless and watch them fade away.

 

I am amazed at how many people are out there walking in open spaces on the coldest days. You may get pneumonia, but being outside will reduce your chances of getting Covid. Life is trade off.

 

Man injured in bizarre peek-a-boo accident! He’s in ICU.

 

To me, they are the Cleveland Indians, first American League team to have a black player (The Great Larry Doby), and they have been for 100 years. One rabid Cleveland fan writes to suggest we call them The “Snowflakes”! love it.

 

The Answer:

The forum Five Stars appointed were Henry “Hap” Arnold, Douglas MacArthur, Dwight D. Eisenhower and George Marshall.

 

I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment