Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, March 5, 2021

Be happy, not crabby.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,854*

Why worry:

 

My favorite Golf Course opening a little over three weeks. The sun is shining brightly. Its pleasantly cold. I may wear my “Life is Good” T-Shirt today.

 

I think the stock market has had enough correction.

 

I asked a doctor when he thought Covid would be over. He answered, “I don’t know. I’m not a journalist.”

 

NYC reports 75% increase in February shootings. Mayor de Blasio: “We are the safest big city in America.” Reason 47,283 why I don’t listen to politicians.

 

The Question:

What are the five best sauces for Crab Cakes? Bonus: What 10 states have the highest Covid Death rate per capita?

 

The Headlines:

--Nasdaq Pulling Down Markets Again; Street Fears Interest Hikes After Much Better-Than-Expected Jobs Report (369K vs. Expected 200K), And Declining Unemployment To 6.2%.

--Vote On Monster Spending Bill Kicks Off Marathon Debate In Senate.

--New Zealand Suffers Through Massive 8.1 Quake; The Third Of Thee Quakes Most Powerful In History.

--Latest Cuomo News Has Governor Advisors Altering Report On Nursing Home Deaths.

--Pope Greeted By Throngs On Arrival In Iraq.

--Arizona Sherriff Says Biden’s Halting Of Wall Building Opens Door For Cartels.

--Italy Blocks Covid Vaccine Shipment To Australia.

 

Today I finally had a supermarket-made sandwich that actually tasted like more than lettuce and gobs of mayo.

 

So, is Prince Harry’s “I’m-doing-it-on-my-own-Business” going to be giving tedious interviews to celebrity hosts.  God help us.

 

Our new Governor was sworn in today and I already like him. He is prioritizing getting rid of litter, and hopefully litterers. You know spending on roads is important but also is important to protect quality of life from being ravaged by irresistible litterers.

 

A couple of days ago my pulmonologist told me that he likes the idea of continued mask wearing primarily because it is reducing incidences of regular flu which is down a lot this year.

 

You see lot of anecdotal news reporting on how minorities are being missed in vaccines. But here in RI, the demography percentages of various races in the state are identical to the proportions of those being vaccinated. I have to believe many other states are targeting solely by risk factor in a similar manner. But many politicians live by keeping the division alive.

 

There are crab cakes that are crabby and there are crab cakes that are bread crummy. I’ll take the former. The best crab cake I ver had was the Hasty Pudding, a restaurant in Harvard. A well, at least it’s the best crab cake I remember.

 

Remember when the Dems and their media pals were all up in arms accusing Trump of pushing for the development of vaccines too fast. Politics is pure BS.

 

A basic problem in any society is too much littering. And I’m not just talking burger wrappers in the gutters. For instance the internet is constantly littering the landscape with ugly garrulity.

 

One of the best soups I ever had was Crab sherry soup. The restaurant is out of business but the memory lingers on.

 

There is a feeling that the economy of the USA is starting to feel itself moving again. But there are still about 750 thousand new people applying for unemployment benefits each week. before Covid, it was in the neighborhood of 200K

 

*Note: On Monday I had a bit of a metal lapse when I went from Friday’s Issue of 4,849 to Monday’s 4,900, instead of what was correct 4,850. Sorry. I’m sure you weren’t as confused as I obviously was!!

 

The Answer:

I have discovered that lots of people have lists of favorite crab cake sauces. Roumalade Sauce seems popular (Mayo, Mustard Hot Pepper). Next might be Lemon Dill sauce (Perhaps a favorite of mine – Mayo, Buttermilk, Dill, Lemon, Clove). Then we have Mustard Sauce (Wine, Butter Mustard, Shallots Clove), Spicy (Chili Peppers, Avocado, mayo, Lime juice, Sugar, salt), Easy chili sauce (Roasted red Peppers, Mayo, Prepared chili sauce), Red Pepper sauce (Chick stock, Olive Oil, Garlic, Onions Red peppers, Black Pepper and Salt). Some other popular sauces are Russian Dressing, Mango Puree, Chipotle Mayo, Horse Radish Sour Cream, Tartar Sauce, Cilantro Lime and finally Creamy Cajun Sauc. You can pretty much match your own tastes, but don’t overwhelm the crab. Bonus: From delicious to morticious. Number one worst state for living is New Jersey. Next is Cuomoville -- New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Arizona, Connecticut, South Dakota, Louisiana and Alabama. The 10 best seem to be off the beaten path trod by humanity: Hawaii, Vermont, Alaska, Maine, Oregon, Utah, Washington, New Hampshire, Colorado and Idaho. Hey, taste the  latest form of littering – moving irresponsibly through society with no concerns for others strewing Covid germs along the way.

 

I like Crab Cakes where you can actually see lumps of crab spelling out of the cake.

 

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!!

 

But, don’t be crabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment