Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Good and bad.

 


Today's Tids Issue 4,871

Green is thrilling:

 

I saw the daffodils today.

Blooming yellows bright against the early green.

Spring’s opening scene.

Neath a sun higher in the sky.

It is that little thrill I feel

When life renews its journey,

When flowers signal to our earth

That we are alive again.

How innocent are these flowers in bloom.

How simply they spread their love.

How thankful we all feel.

 

We may just be at that point in the “rosier” future that was priced into the stock market 6-8 months ago. Where will we find the drivers to keep the bulls running?

 

For every innocent flower I see, Forever smile I see upon a face, I know that in the darkness somewhere, there are tears, there is suffering we don’t know. I pause.

 

I don’t know if it is all about spring and budding and new life in growing things. But Biden has said now that he is “Going even Bigger’ on Green! I didn’t know he was a poet too. Or could he mean something else. Like throwing everything he can think of about alleged climate problems into Congress with the expectation that the percentage of it he can get passed will be the biggest, most expensive green package ever enacted. That’s where we are in Biden’s Spring.

 

The Question:

With the release of the album “Days of Future Passed” the Moody blues became the iconic Rock/Progressive band by fusing Rock with classical which pointed popular music towards new dimensions Name all the of original members of the Moody Blues. What were three of the classic hits from that Album?

 

The Headlines:

--Markets Lower; Investor Eyes Seem To Be Focused Ahead On Q1 Earnings.

-China Issues New Rules That Would Determine Candidates For Hong Kong Parliament; All Would Have To Be Patriotic To China Central.

--300 Idle Ships Begin Sailing Through Suez.

--India Decides To Reverse Course and Now Welcome Myanmar Refugees Into Border City Of Manipur.

--Baylor Beats Arkansas and Houston Takes Down Oregon State To Become First To Win Final Four Berths; Tonight The Zags and Michigan Wolverines Take On The LA Duo SoCal and UCLA For The Final Two Slots.

--UK Covid Death Rate Lowest Since October; 20 World Leaders Ask For Coordinated Effort To Plan For Future Pandemics.

--Guatemala Goes Into Prevention Mode As Word Of New, Larger Caravan Emerges.

 

 

Perhaps the activities of the RI statehouse represent a good example of why people lock their minds to positive discussion. This week the legislative uproar is about protecting Duck’s livers in France. Which seems to be getting more support than commitments to saving children form abortions.  

 

I tried to sue the airline for losing my luggage. I lost my case.

 

I see where the Irish government is developing plans that would establish civil servant worker hubs in rural pubs. The idea is to spread government admirative funding to the rural countryside to improve quality of life there. Yes, government workers zooming from Pubs should make everybody In small towns happier. (This is a true story) Wait a minute, all my stories re true.

 

It sems to me that a lot of the posturing we see these days is designed to pave the road towards reparations for various races and ethnicities. I feel no guilt.

 

Supply problems may be the cog that slows the economy. Buyers are around aplenty for most products, from Musk-mobiles to wine, but shortages of key components will be slowing down revenue and more companies may be missing projections.

 

CBS employed their usual hyperbolic efforts launching lasts night’s headlines by saying the world’s eyes are glued to the trial in Minnesota.

 

Cats have nine lives. That makes them Ideal for scientific research.

 

The Answer:

From 1964 to 1966 it was Graham Edge, Denny Laine, Mike Pinder, Ray Thomas ad Clint Warwick. Edge, Pinder and Thomas continued to 1978 along with newbies Justin Hayward, John Lodge. Up to 2002 it was a nucleus of Edge, Thomas, Hayward and Lodge with the addition of Patrick Moraz in 1978. Today it’s Edge, Hayward and Lodge. The classic hits from the album Days of Future Passed were Tuesday Afternoon, Knights in White Satin, Go Now, and Question.

 

Actually, I’m bigger on “Green” than you may realize form reading this Tids thing. Right after I press “Send” I’m going out to play my first round of golf. That will feel like Spring too. I hope I don’t step on any buds trying to break through. I hope I hit the ball too.

No comments:

Post a Comment